We have plans to develop at least two series of presentations:
Health Issues series: Increases health literacy on health common health conditions, including but not limited to:
● Cardiovascular disease/Coronary Heart Disease
● Mental Health
● Smoking Cessation
● Obesity and Weight Management
● Sexual Health
● Colds and Flu
● Childhood immunizations
Primary Care Services series: Educates Deaf patients on how to use Primary Care Services, what kinds of services are offered at a GP surgery, and patient expectations.
● What is a GP, how has their role changed?
● What qualifies as an emergency?
● What is the 111 service and how should it be used?
● Accessing patient information
● Using online patient services for bookings, consulting, and prescription renewal
● What services are offered by a pharmacy, what health advice do they offer?
● How does a GP refer you for treatment?